If you are enduring the excruciating pains of kidney stones then you might be open to some natural remedies that could dissolve kidney stones and get the darned misery over with. All too often the treatment from doctors is either to take prescription drugs – a really bad idea – or to just ‘wait it out’. Ouch.
Why to we humans get kidney stones at all? They are simply (but painfully) minerals that your body couldn’t assimilate and use (gee, I hate that word ‘assimilate’ – I always think of The Borg! :-) Approximately 90% of us are immune, if that’s the right word. But the other 10% of us not only get them but are quite likely to suffer from them repeatedly. And you guys suffer more than the gals do.
Lots of times, kidney stones pass out of the body on their own and we don’t even notice them because they’re so tiny. Other times, we will notice them when urinating but it won’t be painful enough to really draw your attention.
Unfortunately, sometimes the kidney stones removal system doesn’t operate that well because either the stones are too large or they block the urethra,
The membranous tube that extends from the urinary bladder to the exterior.
This is Pain City! If you see blood in your urine, know that it might be caused by a kidney stone which damages the urethra. Pain or pus [ugh] may indicate an infection.
Kidney Stones Treatment
Of course, the best outcome is to dissolve kidney stones and sometimes the body naturally does that. But don’t count on it. To help the darned things along, drink water, water and more water. No matter what, make sure that you drink at least two-three liters spaced out over the day. If you drink too much at once, your kidneys will have a hard time handling all that liquid.
Eating certain foods contributes to the liquids in your body, foods such a fresh fruit, soups and raw veggies, all of which are loaded with water.
BAD Ideas For Kidney Stone Treatment!
1. Dairy and meat are the primary cause of uric acid form in the kidneys which helps stones get started, thrive and grow in size.
2. There is a substance called “oxalate” which is present in many foods and helps stone to form, rather than dissolve them. High oxalate foods are: sweet potatoes, peanuts, chocolate (too bad!) spinach, and beets.
3. Alcohol and salt should be avoided because they dehydrate the body, and as already pointed out, we want more liquid, rather than less.
Kidney Stones Prevention
It’s nothing I’d like to do, but it’s recommended that we catch the stones when they pass, which means you need a colander of some type in your toilet. If you take one of these things to a doctor they can have it analyzed. That way, you can figure out what’s causing them based on the mineral composition and make some changes in your diet.
Even if you suffer from kidney stones, management of them shouldn’t be too difficult. These natural remedies are just common sense and even if you suffer from stones once, hopefully you can avoid future recurrences with a prudent diet and simple attention.