On April 27th I wrote a post about a neighbor’s house that had a huge, gigantic fire. Fortunately, no one was hurt but it suffered tens of thousands of dollars of damages. The cause? The dryer vent caught on fire! It’s been five months and the owners STILL aren’t back in their home.
Well, just last weekend we had another neighborhood fire. The cause? A fire in the dryer vent.
So, people, CLEAN OUT THAT DAMNED VENT! It fills up with highly-flammable lint which is then subjected to the very high heat that comes off the dryer. The only surprise is that it doesn’t happen more often. Cleaning out the vent periodically is no big deal – but the fire is. So, don’t let it happen to you.