If you have an allergy or intolerance for wheat, (probably my personal favorite food), you will be delighted to see these three unique and delicious recipes. Try them out and give us some feedback. We’d love to know how you like them.
Wheat intolerance is the most common type of food intolerance. However, like other food aversions, all wheat sensitivity is not the same in each person who has it. Wheat intolerance generally refers to a non-allergic negative reaction to eating products containing wheat. Some people with wheat intolerance gain some degree of tolerance to wheat over time.
The most common remedy is to avoid foods with wheat. This may restrict food choices, but it is not the end of the world. In fact, there are some tasty recipes for those with wheat intolerance with plenty of flavour and texture. Cooking without wheat just means learning to use new flour mixes and grain selections such as millet rice and corn. Here are three amazing recipes those with an aversion to wheat can enjoy.
Orange Marinated Chicken
* 1 onion (chopped)
* 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken thighs
* 6 oranges seeded, peeled and chopped (2-3 cups of freshly squeezed orange juice can also be used)
* 1/2 of a chipotle chilli peppers in adobo
* 3 cloves of garlic (chopped)
* 1/3 cup fresh cilantro (chopped)
* 2 tbsp. olive oil
* 1 tbsp. rosemary leaves (chopped or dried)
* 1 tbsp. thyme leaves
* 1 tbsp. marjoram leaves
* 1 tbsp. salt
* Parsley and orange slices for garnish (chopped)
Combine chicken with the mixture of ingredients in a bowl. Marinate overnight. Cook chicken pieces for 5 minutes per side over medium heat. Serve over Spanish rice for added flavor.
Roasted New Potatoes with Caramelized Onions and Truffle Oil
* 1 lb. small potatoes (quartered)
* 1 onion (peeled, sliced)
* 3 tbsp. olive oil
* Kosher salt and black pepper
* 1/2 tsp. white truffle oil
Preheat oven to 400°F. Place potatoes and onions in a roasting pan. Coat with olive oil. Spread potatoes in a single layer. Cook for approximately 40 minutes or until potatoes are lightly browned.
* 2 cps. onions (chopped)
* 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
* 1 cup green pepper (chopped)
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 2 cans stewed tomatoes (crushed)
* 2 cans kidney beans
* 2 tbsp. tomato paste
* 3/4 cup chicken/turkey stock
* Sugar (to taste)
* 2 tbsp. chilli powder
* 3-4 cps. shredded turkey meat (cooked)
* 1/2 tsp. black pepper
* Salt (to taste)
* 1 tbsp. cumin (ground)
• 1 tsp. dried oregano
• 1 tbsp. hot red pepper flakes (dried)
Optional: Add shredded cheddar cheese for flavour and sour cream for garnish.
Mix onions, peppers over medium heat until golden. Add chilli powder, garlic, red pepper flakes and cumin. Add olive oil throughout the process for flavour and prevent sticking. Add remaining ingredients. Stir and simmer uncovered for an hour. Add salt and sugar to taste and to take the acidity off the tomatoes. Chilli may be chilled for 2-3 days or frozen for 2-3 months.
Optional: Add shredded cheddar cheese, chopped red onion and sour cream for flavour. Serve alone or with rice.