The Breville BSC560XL Stainless-Steel 7-Quart Slow Cooker is an excellent way to get the full flavor out of your food whilst maintaining all the nutritional value. It measures 18.25 inches by 11.5 inches by 9.5 inches and comes with a one year limited warranty. It has a number of useful features which are listed below:
- Domed, stainless steel lid.
- Removable cord.
- Removable non-stick, scratch resistant, die-cast, Quantanium insert which can be placed in the oven or on top of the stove.
- Removable silicone handle covers which keep the handles cool and protect your hands.
- Stainless steel roasting rack.
- Temperature control dial with three heat settings; low (5 to 10 hours), high (3 to 4 hours) and dual (4 to 8 hours alternating between low and high).
- Wrap around heating element to ensure even cooking temperatures.
1) Removable Insert: One big advantage the Breville BSC560XL Stainless-Steel 7-Quart Slow Cooker has over traditional crock pot style slow cookers is that you can remove the insert and use it to cook foods in the oven or on top of the stove. For example, when preparing a casserole you can start by placing the insert on the stove and searing some meats and vegetables. Once they are seared you can then return the insert to the slow cooker, add the sauce and slowly simmer the casserole for a few hours to release all the flavors from the foods. This makes preparing a full meal a lot easier, cuts down on the washing up (as you don’t have to cook any ingredients in separate pans) and also ensures that you don’t lose any flavor from the food (as it all stays in one pot).
2) Capacity: Another plus point with the Breville BSC560XL Stainless-Steel 7-Quart Slow Cooker is its huge capacity. The vast majority of slow cookers are 6 quarts or less but this one can hold an impressive 7 quarts (6-1/2 liters) of food. Whether you are cooking a meal for the entire family or having a few guests round, it should be able to hold more than enough food for your needs.
3) Easy To Clean: The removable insert makes the Breville BSC560XL Stainless-Steel 7-Quart Slow Cooker a doddle to clean. In most cases, a bit of warm water and a soft sponge will do the job but if the sauce has become tough and dried on, you can just leave it to soak in the sink until the sauce becomes loose.
1) No Keep Warm Feature: One area where the Breville BSC560XL Stainless-Steel 7-Quart Slow Cooker is lacking is that it has no keep warm feature. To get around this, you can place the removable insert in the oven to retain the heat. However, if you are out of the house all day, the lack of a keep warm feature may pose a problem.
If you can get by without a keep warm feature, you will love the Breville BSC560XL Stainless-Steel 7-Quart Slow Cooker. Its capacity is large enough to support big family dinners or dinner parties and the removable insert makes cooking and cleaning a lot easier than it is with many other slow cookers. It’s a lot more versatile than many of its competitors and if you cook regularly, the Breville BSC560XL Stainless-Steel 7-Quart Slow Cooker is a worthwhile addition to your kitchen.