The Cuisinart Elite Collection Food Processor is an excellent tool for chopping, slicing and shredding your food. It comes with a lockable accessory storage case, an instructional “how to” DVD and an instruction/recipe book. The unit itself measures 7.8 inches by 10.2 inches by 17 inches and comes with a three year limited warranty plus a 10 year motor warranty. It has a long list of impressive features which include:
- 1000 watts of power.
- 14 cup work bowl with an additional 4.5 cup work bowl and 11 cup work bowl that can be nested inside. Each bowl is constructed from durable polycarbonate, contains measurement marks up the side and drip free pour sprouts. They are also sealed with the exclusive SealTight Advantage System which allows you to fill the bowls to maximum capacity without any spills or leaks.
- Blade locking system.
- Blue LED indicator lights to show when the unit is powered on.
- Dishwasher safe, removable parts.
- On/Off/Dough/Pulse touchpad controls.
- Push button release.
- Retractable cord.
- Wide mouth feed tube which incorporates larger ingredients and reduces pre-cutting time.
- Stainless steel chopping/mixing blades (small and large), dough blade (which kneads all types of dough), shredding disc (fine/medium) and slicing disc (1mm to 6mm).
1) Quiet: If you hate noise, then you’ll have no problems with the Cuisinart Elite Collection Food Processor. Despite its power, this food processor is surprisingly quiet. Whether you are chopping, mincing, slicing or pureeing you can be sure that it’s not going to give you a headache when you use it.
2) Versatile: With the inclusion of three separate bowls and a range of different blades, the Cuisinart Elite Collection Food Processor is an extremely versatile addition to your kitchen. If you want to make a pizza you can knead the dough in one bowl and then puree tomatoes in another bowl. If you want to quickly chop your vegetables you can use the chopping blade. If you fancy making a soup then the mixing blade can be used to puree your ingredients. The possibilities are endless.
3) Saves Time: As a result of being so versatile, the Cuisinart Elite Collection Food Processor can also save you lots of time. Chopping vegetables, kneading dough and slicing meat are all tasks that a considerable amount of time when done by hand. However, if you use the Cuisinart Elite Collection Food Processor these tasks can be done in a flash which is a great benefit if you lead a busy lifestyle or have a large family to cook for.
1) Difficult To Clean: The main frustrating feature of the Cuisinart Elite Collection Food Processor is that it’s very hard to clean by hand. There are lots of areas where the food can get trapped, particularly with finer foods such as chopped herbs. Washing the parts in the top shelf of a dishwasher resolves this problem and gets rid of all the trapped food but if you don’t currently own a dishwasher cleaning can become an issue.
The Cuisinart Elite Collection Food Processor is a versatile, time saving piece of kitchen equipment. If you regularly prepare fresh food then it will save you hours each week as you will no longer have to chop and slice your food by hand. It will also give you the opportunity to try new and exciting dishes such as homemade soups and purees which you would probably never attempt without a food processor. If you don’t own a dishwasher and you hate washing up, then you may not be impressed with the amount of food that gets trapped in the various parts. However, if you do own a dishwasher and you want to cut down the time you spend in the kitchen, you’ll love the Cuisinart Elite Collection Food Processor.