The Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef’s Knife can be used to chop, mince, slice and dice a wide range of foods. It is designed by the inventor of the Swiss army knife and comes with a lifetime warranty. The knife itself has a couple of key features that set it apart from standard kitchen knives which include:
- High Carbon, Stainless Steel Blade:- The blade is constructed from high carbon, stainless steel which is specially tempered to provide maximum sharpness and edge retention. It is also conical ground throughout its length and depth and laser tested to ensure that it provides maximum cutting power and durability.
- Patented 2 Inch Fibrox Handle:- The handle is constructed from patented Fibrox and has a textured, slip resistant grip. Additionally, the handle design is ergonomic and reduces wrist tension.
1) Light: One of the main advantages the Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef’s Knife has over other chef knives is its weight. Holding heavier, chunkier knives can be difficult but with this knife you’ll hardly notice it’s there as you chop away. If you’ve got a lot of chopping to do, the lighter weight will also stop your hand becoming tired and prevent hand cramps.
2) Very Sharp: Another fantastic feature of the Victorinox knife is that it’s very sharp. You’ll be impressed by how quickly and smoothly it chops through hard vegetables and tough cuts of meat. Using this knife really takes the effort out of chopping and also allows you to chop a lot faster which means you can spend less time in the kitchen whilst still getting through the same amount of food preparation.
3) Non-Slip Handle: When you are constantly washing your hands and rinsing foods, the chances are that they will get wet and slippery. With a lot of knives this can be a big problem as it makes you more likely to drop the knife and injure yourself. However, the textured, slip resistant grip on the Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef’s Knife eliminates this problem and ensures that the knife remains firmly rooted to your hand, no matter how wet it gets.
1) Durability: Although the Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef’s Knife performs very well in the kitchen, the thinner, lighter blade makes it more susceptible to breakages than knives with a thicker blade. Any breakages are covered by the lifetime warranty that comes with the knife but if you are a heavy duty user then a knife with a thicker blade may be more suited to your needs.
If you are a light to medium chopping knife user, the Victorinox Fibrox Pro Chef’s Knife will be right up your street. It’s light (so stops your hand getting tired when chopping), it’s extremely sharp (so cuts through almost any food with ease) and the non-slip handle means that you can rinse and chop without having to constantly dry your hands.
If you are planning to use the knife all day, every day then you may want to consider a model with a thicker, more durable blade. However, if you are planning it to chop a few fresh ingredients daily so that you can prepare healthy, nutritious meals for your family, then the Victorinox 40520 Fibrox 8-Inch Chef’s Knife will serve you well.