We’re always looking for the best anti aging supplements, but the best supplements aren’t really supplements at all … at least, they aren’t if you think of a supplement as a pill or capsule. In fact, the best anti aging supplements actually come out of the ground.
1) Leading our list of great supplements are berries. Many scientists and researchers agree that the primary cause of aging is the production of free radicals, a nasty word in today’s alternative health circles. Good news: berries just happen to be loaded with antioxidants which are the antidote to free radicals. So chow down on cherries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries and the rest because they’re not only delicious but also extremely youth-promoting. Of course it goes without saying that cherry pie isn’t the form of cherries we mean! :-)
2) Carrots are a wonderful anti aging supplements. In fact, all the orange fruits and veggies – like cantaloupe, apricots, sweet potatoes – are loaded with beta carotene, which is another powerful antioxidant. One of my favorite treats is to slice a sweet potato in wedges and bake it in the oven until it’s piping hot. Dunk it in some low-calorie, low fat sauce and yum, yum. Of course, carrots can be eaten raw or even juiced. I honestly really wouldn’t want a raw sweet potato, though.
3) In spite of the bad rep that carbs have gotten, we need them on a daily basis since they’re the source of energy in our bodies. The problems come from the refined carbs, not to mention the sauces and goodies we put on them. Eating a huge serving of macaroni and cheese – and then blaming the pasta for the extra pounds – is just plain silly. But whole grain pasta, brown rice, quinoa, millet, buckwheat and other grains are excellent sources of energy.
4) If you like Mexican food, you’ll most likely be thrilled to know that avocados are excellent for the body and skin. They’ve been unfairly condemned because they’re high in fat but in fact their fat is monosaturated – a cholesterol fighter. The luscious green avocado also packs a healthy serving of vitamin E, a ‘must’ for gorgeous skin.
5) Raw nuts are fiber-rich, meaning they help to clean out the body and keep the skin young and vibrant. Be aware, though, that salting them and slathering them in salt destroys much of the good qualities and will definitely put on the pounds if you eat too many.
6) There have been lots of warnings about eating meat products: high fat, hormones, chemicals. But most Americans continue eating them, anyway. So if you’re going to devour meat products be aware that Omega 3 oils help to combat these effects – but only to a certain extent. Note: with our polluted oceans it should come as no surprise to realize that many fish are loaded with pollutants, too – like deadly mercury. So you must exercise great care to choose a good fish oil. A safer way it to use flaxseeds that are freshly ground. Buying them already ground will do you no good because the oils will no longer be potent. Likewise, eating whole flaxseeds won’t help because they will simply pass through your body unchanged.
7) The most important anti aging supplement in existence is … water. But not just any old water. Most city water is loaded with terrible products and should be avoided. In How To Regenerate Your Face At The Cellular Level – For Less Than $5 you can learn how to purify your water for … less than $5! Big surprise. At any rate, a good rule of thumb for the amount of water you need is 1/2 ounce for every pound. So a 200 pound man needs 100 ounces of water, or 12 1/2 glasses.
It’s easy to take in all these great anti aging supplements on a frequent basis. And if you do, your reward can be that aging is a non-issue for you. Darned cool, I’d say.