When visiting the beauty department of your local drug or department store, you are sure to find an assortment of skin cleansers and beauty creams. These beauty products can range in cost from fairly inexpensive to being forced to find a second job to fund your various beauty selections. When it comes to skin care, there are many products you can purchase that work well, but there are also equally as beneficial recipes that you can whip up at home. So if you're looking for a homemade facial cleanser, here are a few ideas …
1. It is said that Miracle Whip has the power and properties to get rid of dead skin cells. To start a Miracle Whip facial, you will want to spread a thin layer all over your face. Leave this on your face for about 10 minutes and then gently massage it in. Once you have finished the massage, rinse your skin with warm water. Although the smell may be unpleasant while the Whip is on your face, you will be rewarded greatly for the time and effort put in. It should make your skin feel smooth and taut. You may repeat this homemade skin cleanser whenever you feel the need.
2. Another homemade face cleanser you can try consists of raw sugar and olive oil. Although it may be a bit more expensive, raw sugar is more course and will help to exfoliate the skin. Mix one cup of sugar with one half cup of olive oil. Rub the mixture into your skin with a wash cloth and then rinse. If you desire, you may also mix in a bit of thyme. This will give the mixture a pleasant scent.
3. Plain yogurt can also be used as a great way to clean and moisturize your face. Yogurt has many cultures and ingredients that are great for the skin. Using yogurt will also eliminate use of harsh chemicals and fragrances found in many moisturizers that may irritate sensitive skin.
4. There are some options that are better than others for different skin types. Oily skin will benefit from the use of lemon juice. You can mix lemon juice with fruit and yogurt to create a homemade face cleanser for oily skin. The acid in the lemon juice will help in reducing clogged pores and acne breakouts.
5. Olive oil and eggs are great for dry skin. Although olive oil may make oily skin worse, it produces the opposite effect for dry skin. Try mixing together one egg with one tablespoon of olive oil. This mixture will help rehydrate dry skin.
6. If you are interested in mixing a batch of facial cleaner, try mixing one half cup of honey, 2 cups of oatmeal and one third cup of corn meal. Massage the mixture onto your face, not forgetting your neck, then rinse with warm water. This homemade facial cleanser will help get your skin clean with the added benefit of the corn meal to get rid of dead skin.
Any of the above homemade facial cleansers should work well for sensitive skin. Because the natural ingredients found in these mixtures have no chemicals or dyes, these recipes are ideal for the person that has a hard time finding the right solution.