The Fitbit Ultra Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker is a 24/7 fitness monitor which tracks your daily activity and your night time sleep patterns. It measures just 2 inches by 0.5 inches by 0.4 inches and weighs just 1.6 ounces which means it’s compact and lightweight enough for you to have it with you at all times. The package comes with the Fitbit Ultra Tracker, a base station with a charger, a belt holster and a sleep wristband. You also get a limited 1 year parts and labor warranty included. The Fitbit Ultra Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker can be purchased in a choice of colors including black, burgundy and plum. It has a long list of advanced features which include:
- 3-D Motion Sensor which tracks all the details of your daily activities that conventional pedometers miss.
- Altimeter which tracks hills and stairs climbed.
- Dashboard which displays your actual progress against your weekly goals for calories burned, steps taken and more.
- Earn badges based on daily and lifetime fitness activities.
- Fitbit wristband which monitors the length of your sleep, the quality of your sleep, the time you fall asleep and the amount of times you wake up to provide a sleep efficiency index.
- Food Goal feature which shows you the range of calories you should stick to every day to reach your weight loss goals and dynamically adjusts based on your daily activity.
- Free online tools that show your progress over time.
- Invite friends through email or Facebook to connect with you on the Fitbit website and build an online fitness network. You can then set collaborative or competitive challenges together, share tips and receive encouragement.
- Log food and workouts via Fitbit’s database of over 100,000 specific food items and database of workouts.
- Mobile website and free iPhone app which allows you to log your stats through your phone. Fitbit also integrates with many other mobile apps and pieces of software including Lose It!, RunKeeper and Microsoft HealthVault.
- Tracks activity indicators such as calories burned, daily steps, distance traveled and the overall intensity of your daily activity.
- Tracks health indicators such as blood glucose, blood pressure, body weight and heart rate.
- Wirelessly uploads your data to the Fitbit website every time you are within 15 minutes of your computer.
1) Effective: If you want an activity monitor with a proven track record, then the Fitbit Ultra Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker is a great choice. A large scale fitness study conducted by ThreeDefined in January 2011 concluded that on average, Fitbit users increase their daily steps by 43% and lose 13lbs. These are very impressive statistics and show that if you’ve tried and failed with fitness in the past, the Fitbit Ultra Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker could be the device that turns it around for you.
2) Fitbit Online Community: Achieving any goal on your own is tough and the Fitbit Ultra Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker addresses this issue via the Fitbit website. On this website you can find your friends and interact with other Fitbit users. This is a great way to stay on track and push your fitness to the next level. Whether you need a little support and motivation, want to get some tips or simply want to compete with others, you can do all this via the Fitbit online community.
3) No Monthly Fee: One big advantage the Fitbit Ultra Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker over other activity monitors is that it provides you with access to a thriving online community and a range of useful online tools at no extra cost. Most other activity monitors charge you a recurring subscription fee for services like this. In the long run, this cost can become quite significant so by purchasing the Fitbit Ultra Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker you can save yourself a lot of money over the years.
4) Battery Life: If you hate having to charge most modern gadgets on a daily basis then you’ll be pleasantly surprised by the Fitbit Ultra Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker’s battery life. Once it’s fully charged it lasts for nearly a week which beats the vast majority of other electronic devices hands down.
1) Activity Tracking: Whilst the Fitbit Ultra Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker does have a lot of positive features, its activity tracking could be stronger. It’s great at tracking walking and jogging but when it comes to activities that don’t involve a stepping motion (cycling, weightlifting etc), it’s not so great. Whilst you can manually enter this data on the website this takes time and if you are a regular gym goer entering this data can become a daily task.
Overall, the Fitbit Ultra Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker is a great way to monitor and improve your lifestyle. It also has the very big bonus of getting access to all the online support tools at no extra cost. If you want fully automated activity tracking, then there are activity monitors that can do this for a premium price. However, if your budget is less than $100 and you don’t mind logging your sessions in the gym manually, the Fitbit Ultra Wireless Activity Plus Sleep Tracker is a great buy.