The following nutrition and beauty tips will keep you looking and feeling great the all-natural way!
Natural skincare products are great for individuals with sensitive skin or allergies, as well as those looking to avoid dyes, chemicals and other possibly harmful ingredients. Instead of purchasing traditional skincare products, including makeup, lotions, and cleansers, try these all-natural alternatives:
- Witch Hazel: unlike other harsh, alcohol-based cleansers, this natural astringent cleans and purifies pores without drying and irritating the skin.
- Sugar: as an exfoliator, sugar can't be beat. To slough of dead skin cells and leave skin looking fresh and radiant, mix half a cup of sugar with a few tablespoons of milk or water, apply to the entire body, scrub and rinse.
- Olive oil: apply a few drops of olive oil to soften and soothe extremely dry or irritated skin. Olive oil can also be used as a moisturizing treatment for hair. Apply from roots to tips, leave on thirty minutes and rinse. Olive oil leaves hair healthy, shiny and strong!
- Oats: oats can be used in a variety of skincare treatments, including cleansing, moisturizing and exfoliating. Oats also contain soothing properties that can help treat allergic reactions and other irritating skin conditions. For example, itching, redness and irritation can be treated by adding two or three cups of oats to warm bathwater.
In today's fast-paced and hectic society, many people choose the convenience of fast food or prepackaged meals. However, this so-called convenience comes at the cost of health and wellness. These foods are mostly devoid of any nutritional content and contain potentially harmful ingredients such as preservatives, dyes and other chemicals. They are also loaded with fat, calories, sodium and sugar, and can wreak havoc on both health and appearance. For a healthier body, avoid processed and prepackaged foods in favor of meals with fresh and natural ingredients. All-natural foods not only enhance health and well-being, but appearance as well. They also reduce the risks of developing cancer, diabetes, high blood pressure and heart disease! For optimum results, include the following "superfoods" into your meal plan:
- Greens: green vegetables are packed with flavor and nutritional value. They contain calcium, fiber, antioxidants and lots of vitamins and minerals. Remember this simple tip: the darker the color, the higher the nutritional content!
- Sweet potatoes: sweet potatoes contain beta-carotene and are loaded with essential vitamins and minerals. They are also a source of healthy fat, and have been shown to improve skin, hair and nails.
- Berries: not only are berries a sweet and delicious alternative to sugary desserts, but they're also packed with antioxidants that help rid the body of harmful toxins. Goji berries, blueberries, raspberries and blackberries are all great choices!
- Salmon: salmon is a wonderful high-protein food. It also contains omega 3 fatty acids, with lower risks of developing heart disease, relieves arthritis pain and could even prevent memory loss! Other foods high in omega 3 fatty acids are sardines, mackerel and herring.
- Tea: instead of reaching for sugary sodas, try unsweetened tea! Black and green teas contain powerful antioxidants that have been shown to lower the risks of certain types of cancer.
Suzzy Boleche is a blogger and beauty enthusiast with Flawless Beauty and Skin. She has a passion for health, fashion, and reading. She also enjoys spending time with her family.