Most sufferers from mental depression might eventually believe that relief from their depression is hopeless. But there are natural treatments that might be of aid to sufferers – especially if drugs haven't helped at all. One thing is certain …home remedies like those below certainly won't hurt anyone the way drugs can and do and they will definitely help, although they might not be a total answer.
Eating a healthy diet will definitely help with mental depression because if the body is healthy, it's easier for the mind to shake off doubt and worry. Lots of water and fresh veggies and fruit (especially organic) will make life easier. After all, if we have to pay attention to illness and physical disability we certainly won't be cheered and serene.
There are specific foods and supplements that act as natural treatments:
* Apples are one of these miracles because apples are loaded with B vitamins and potassium, both of which aid in calmness, exactly what a sufferer from mental depression needs.
* As mentioned above, B vitamins are especially helpful and there are many sources other than apples, such as green vegetables, eggs – and especially whole grains. It is possible to take supplements that help, but be sure to take B complex, rather than specific B vitamins. Taking individual supplements will lead to deficiencies in other members of the B family. The one exception for me is that I do take B-12. That's a critical vitamin for vegetarians or vegans because the only natural source of B-12 is animal products.
* A famous 'folk remedy' for depression is "flower water", especially roses. All you need do is bring water to a simmer then remove it from the heat and drop in a few rose petals. All it to cool and drink the water. You need to be certain, though, that the roses are organic. You definitely don't want to be drinking insecticides and herbicides!
* There are herbal teas that are specifically formulated for mental depression and chamomile, in particular, is known as a calming tea.
* Meditation and relaxation are the most famous ways to lessen depression – and the most effective. Simply sitting still, alone, and focusing on the breath is a way that has been used for at least 5,000 years in the Hindu tradition. Today, to make this even more effective, we've added techniques like brain entrainment, which haven't been available until the last few years. This is a technological way of allowing the brain waves to synchronize and thus both increase in power and entrain and thus calm down.
* Naturally, a warm bath is highly recommended since it soothes the body and relaxes the muscles. For the most effective relief, add epsom salts and/or some essential oils like lavender. Softer lighting, quiet and perhaps even music will help.
These natural remedies for mental depression can be quite effective and certainly will add to any other treatments a depressed person might be undergoing.