The Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer is a functional and compact pedometer which measures just 0.6 inches by 2.1 inches by 1.4 inches and weighs just 4 ounces. It has a number of useful features which include:
- Automatically resets each day.
- Can be programmed to your personal stride for improved accuracy.
- Omron Dual Axis Technology which counts your steps accurately and quietly, whether the pedometer is placed horizontally or vertically.
- Six different tracking modes to track aerobic steps, calories, distance, fat grams burned, regular steps and time.
- Smart sensor technology provides a more accurate reading.
- Stores up to 7 days of information.
- Tracks both brisk and regular steps.
1) Accurate: Most pedometers use a pendulum system to track your steps. Unfortunately, this technology counts steps every time the pedometer gets shaken and often incorrectly adds steps on when you bump into things, jump a little too vigorously or accidentally shake the pedometer. The Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer solves this problem by using smart sensor technology which only tracks real steps. If you shake the pedometer in your hand or jump up and down on the spot, it won’t register these movements as steps. As a result, you get a much more accurate reading and a true picture of how many steps you are completing each day.
2) Can Be Placed Anywhere: Unlike many of its competitors, the Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer doesn’t have to be clipped to your belt to get an accurate reading. As long as you carry it with you, it will track your steps. You can put it in your pocket, in your bag, in your wallet or in your purse. Just place it wherever suits you best and it will quietly monitor your steps throughout the day.
3) Durable: Given its small size and light weight, the Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer is surprisingly resistant to damage. If it drops out of your pocket then you don’t need to worry about it breaking. Whilst you can’t go throwing it against the ground, it will stand up to the impact of the occasional accidental dropping.
1) No Reset Button: The main thing that the Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer lacks is a manually reset button. This pedometer automatically sets the steps to zero at midnight which is a great way to measure your daily steps without putting too much thought into it. However, without a clear reset button it’s difficult to track the steps you take on a specific walk so if you are a keen hiker you may be disappointed with this omission.
Overall, the Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer is a great daily step tracker which gives you visibility of your steps on a daily and weekly basis and then allows you to build on the results. If you are a serious hiker then you may want to go for a model that has a master reset button and other more advanced features. However, if you just want an accurate pedometer that sits in your pocket and can measure your progress throughout the day, the Omron HJ-112 Digital Pocket Pedometer is the one for you.