My Gratitude Journal today is a bit hard to do because it’s so nice outside that I want to race out the door. But I won’t – at least not yet. Writing these gratitude pages is a commitment to myself and I intend to honor it, no matter what.
What are you doing to honor yourself?
TODAY’S 10 REASONS TO BE THANKFUL
1. I’ve gotten so “in” to gratitude that these 10 per day aren’t enough. Isn’t that wonderful? I’ve grabbed a small red notebook and am either carrying it with me or letting it sit by my computer so that I can write reasons to be grateful at any time.
2. I’m experimenting with listening to a ”gamma waves” recording. No, it’s not from Star Trek. Gamma waves are the highest waves available to our brains – as far as we know, that is. They’re associated with high level thinking, problem solving and creativity. I just wear my ear phones and do my normal work. Sydney as guinea pig, once again. :-)
3. I’ve ordered a book called Choosing Easy World: A Guide to Opting Out of Struggle and Strife and Living in the Amazing Realm Where Everything is Easy. I’m super eager to get my paws on it but I’ve read as much as I can find about it and it seems that I don’t have to wait to start getting benefits from it. The idea is that there are two realities: Difficult World and Easy World. And we can choose which one we want to live in. The affirmation to get into Easy World is:
I choose to live in Easy World, where everything is easy.
I’ve already had some pretty dramatic moments just from remembering Easy World and I haven’t even read the book yet. There’s probably much more to come on this one.
4. Every afternoon when we’re together my son, who is my business partner, and I go to Quik Trip for an afternoon drink. It’s a nice break and gets us out in the fresh air and it’s a ritual I love. We’re going in a few minutes so it’s on my mind and I am very grateful for this interlude.
5. My four year old granddaughter has had three Halloween costumes and they were all so sweet and adorable. But not this year – she wants to be a ZOMBIE. And not a cute zombie. Oh, no, a ”scarey” zombie. Her mom (my daughter) and I will miss the cute costumes of the past but, still, her enthusiasm is so much fun.
6. I have asthma and the tightness in my chest is sometimes pretty severe. So I decided to just offer my tight chest a blessing, assuming it was somehow trying to protect me and ‘listening’ to what it has to say. I haven’t gotten any dramatic messages but every time I do this the tightness immediately eases. Interesting …
7. In The Magic, author Rhonda Byrne talks about sprinkling “magic dust” over our food and drink. I’m really enjoying that practice and have started sprinkling magic dust over everything I can think of – soap before I use it, my keyboard, a pan cooking on the stove. It’s fun and who knows … it just might be magical for real.
8. I just ordered three Christmas presents. It’s fun to realize that the holiday seasons are heading toward us like a freight train. This is my favorite time of year.
9. I got some CDs from my library from Jeffrey Thompson and Kelly Howell. I loaded them onto my Android tablet and found a pair of ear buds. Now I can lie in bed at night and listen to brain waves and music. I love doing that when I’m reading or playing games on my tablet. This is a great example of abundance that cost me nothing since I already had all the components.
10. We sell CDs and DVDs on Amazon and I always wrap them in bubble wrap before mailing them out. What an amazing invention bubble wrap is. It’s so light and yet so protective. Sort of like a plastic waffle but loaded with air rather than syrup or flour.
Remember to practice gratitude and move into Easy World. It’s a great place. Could that be another name for paradise?