It’s finally that time of the year where you can bring out your beloved grill and make one of your favorite dinner ideas on the barbie. This is not your typical grilled or barbequed chicken. Rated 4 out of 5 stars by home cooks, this dish is bursting with flavor from the delicious dip-inspired topping. Usually big taste comes with big calories, but that is definitely not the case with this healthy recipe. With only 253 calories, you can feel good about eating this scrumptious, hearty meal. So grab these 7 simple ingredients, try this yummy meal, and see how easy grilling can be.
Spinach and Artichoke Topped Chicken Recipe
Prep Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 15 Minutes
Total Time: 30 Minutes
- PAM® Grilling Spray
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts (5 oz. each)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 can (14 oz. each) quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 3 cups loosely packed baby spinach leaves
- 1/3 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup 1/3 less fat cream cheese (Neufchatel)
- 1 teaspoon Gulden’s® Spicy Brown Mustard
1. Spray the grate of your outdoor grill and utensils with PAM® Grilling Spray. Preheat the grill to medium heat according to manufacturer’s directions.
2. Sprinkle chicken with 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt and pepper. Grill chicken 10 minutes or until no longer pink in centers (165°F), turning over after 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
3. Meanwhile, combine all of the remaining ingredients in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave mixture on HIGH for 4 minutes or until hot and creamy, stirring halfway through.
4. Transfer chicken to serving plates. Spoon the spinach and artichoke mixture evenly over the chicken. Serve warm.
Make your grilling season a success with this mouth-watering, healthy recipe. Enjoy!
- Try this recipe with your favorite cut of chicken, turkey or even fish.
- If it’s too hot, too cold or raining, try cooking this recipe in the oven.
- Spray PAM® Grilling Spray on your favorite seasonal vegetables for a delicious, healthy side dish to this meal.
- This recipe is also delicious with a side of brown rice
- Replace mayonnaise with reduced-fat or nonfat sour cream to reduce the fat content in the recipe
- Sprinkle spinach-artichoke mixture with Parmesan cheese, if desired, and serve on grilled French baguette.
- Make extra spinach-artichoke mixture to serve as a dip. Try with your favorite vegetables, baked chips, tortilla chips or bread.