The EdgeCraft 609 Chef’s Choice Premium Electric Food Slicer is an excellent tool for quickly slicing up healthy cuts of meat. All the components are constructed from high quality, cast aluminum and stainless steel. The unit itself measures just 15 inches by 19.5 inches by 10.8 inches and comes with a one year limited warranty. It has a number of useful features which include:
- 7 inch, multi-purpose, stainless steel blade which can slice in a range of thicknesses from deli thin to 1 inch thick.
- Cantilever design.
- Fully retractable food carriage.
- Gear driven, cool running, high torque, electric motor.
- Lockable food carriage.
- On/Off switch.
- Removable blade, food carriage, food deflector, food pusher and thickness guide.
- Serving tray.
- Tilted, large capacity food carriage.
- Safety fuse at the base of the slicer.
1) Efficient: The EdgeCraft 609 Chef’s Choice Premium Electric Food Slicer is an extremely efficient food slicer and leaves little to no waste when slicing. This not only makes cleaning easier (as less scrap food gets deposited on the slicer) but it also saves you money in the long term (as you will be wasting less food when slicing).
2) Easy To Clean: The EdgeCraft 609 Chef’s Choice Premium Electric Food Slicer’s design makes it extremely easy to clean. In most cases a quick wipe down is all that is required but even if a deeper clean is required, almost all the parts are removable and can be washed separately in your sink.
3) Low Price: At less than $100, the EdgeCraft 609 Chef’s Choice Premium Electric Food Slicer represents amazing value. Whilst there are cheaper food slicers on the market, you will struggle to find one as efficient as this for a similar price.
1) Requires Practice: The only thing that may put you off with the EdgeCraft 609 Chef’s Choice Premium Electric Food Slicer is that it does require practice. Unless you have some experience using food slicers, the chances are that your first few slices will be inconsistent and have varying levels of thickness. However, this is only a temporary problem and once you get used to the slicing motion you will be producing nice even slices of food on a regular basis.
Overall, the EdgeCraft 609 Chef’s Choice Premium Electric Food Slicer is a top quality product and worth well more than the asking price. It does take some getting used to but once you have perfected the slicing motion it’s a brilliant way to slice up cheese, lunch meat and more for the whole family to enjoy.