1. Naturally, the dosage is different
2. When the asthma treatment medications are delivered
3. Infants have to use nebulizers because they can’t use inhalers
A good point to remember is while infant asthma does not influence baby’s life as strongly as in case of older children, it still needs to be thoroughly controlled.
The treatment of baby asthma consists of two parts.
1. The first involves keeping the house clean from asthma triggers and cigarette smoke. In fact, sometimes eliminating cigarette smoke from the air is itself enough to greatly improve the baby’s condition. It’s important to keep all adults who smoke away from your baby because the smoke from hair and clothes can be enough to worsen a baby’s asthma.
2. The second part of infant asthma treatment is administering medications. Baby asthma treatment naturally relies on using nebulizers to administer needed medications, as infants are unable to use inhalers properly.
Another important thing is that the breathing treatments usually take place at night when the baby is asleep. This way the risk of problems created by possible lack of cooperation or understanding from your child is minimal. In fact, administering medications and night breathing treatments are often enough to completely keep the baby asthma in check and let your baby live a 100% normal life, just like any other child.