We have come up with a fabulous new coloring book that will allow anyone to lose weight while you color! Our A Weight Loss Coloring Book For Adults – Lose Weight While You Color: A Conversation With Your Subconscious Mind is now on Amazon and we’re really thrilled with it. Do you think this claim is just marketing BS? It’s now and we’ll explain why below.
The easiest way to explain WHY this isn’t such a crazy idea is by printing our directions (included in the coloring book) below so that you can decide for yourself.
Is this you?
This page from our coloring book, Funny Quotes Coloring Book – Pop Art Women Coloring Book for Adults & Teens, Volume 1, pretty much sums up the entire weight loss industry. We begin with great determination and commitment which, over time (and usually not very much time!), slowly fizzles away.
All we accomplish is to feel even worse about ourselves, feel even more hopeless and usually regain whatever weight we lost, if any, plus more.
But WHY? Why is it so darned hard?
The Mind, YOUR Mind
Think of your mind as having two parts: the conscious mind and the subconscious mind.
The conscious mind is only about 5% of your total mind. This is the realm of logic and reasoning. It’s where you make decisions and it’s where you store your explicit memories. Here you find the knowledge and experiences you’ve had thus far in your life: your name, age, where you live, your profession, your family and close contacts. These memories are your autobiography.
This is the mind of rational thinking. The conscious mind decides: I’m tired of being fat. I’m going to become a thin person, starting now!!!
The subconscious mind makes up the other 95% and contains your habits, skills, beliefs, attitudes, emotional reactions and hardwired behaviors. It contains your implicit memories which occur when
you’ve repeated an action or thought so many times it just happens automatically. Can you tie your shoes without thinking about it? If you rode a bike when you were a kid could you get on one now and ride away? Do you have to think about how to start your car, put it into gear and drive through the parking lot?
The bottom line:
1. The subconscious mind is the one with all the power …
2. We usually don’t even know what’s in there …
Dr. Bruce Lipton is an authority on the subconscious mind and he states, “All of us got programmed when we were very young. And the programs even started before we were born and therefore you can’t tell me what all the programs are that you have. You weren’t even conscious at that point.”
So how so you know what your programs are? It’s actually very easy: “95 percent of your life comes from the subconscious program. So by definition your life is a printout of your subconscious programs.”
“So the things that you like and that come easily to you in your life are there because you have a program that allows them to be there. In contrast anything that you have to work hard at, put a lot of effort into or anything you have to struggle to make it happen, is a result of your programs not supporting that.”
“… you play these programs 95 percent of the time and you don’t see them, so that means at least 95 percent of the time you were sabotaging yourself and you don’t see it.”
So when you firmly declare that from now on you are going to eat wisely and exercise daily – and find yourself slumped in front of the TV eating chips – now you know why. Your conscious mind said, “Yes” and your subconscious mind said, “No way”.
“We are not victims of anything other than the programs we are operating from. If your subconscious programs match the wishes and desires of the conscious mind, your life will be one continuous honeymoon experience for as long as you live on this planet.”
WILL POWER WILL NEVER WORK!
The 5% cannot overpower the 95%. To successfully change anything, you need to change the programming of your subconscious mind and it is resistant to change. You have to teach it the way it learns, and not the way your conscious mind learns.
How To Access Your Subconscious
We spend almost all of our waking hours in the beta mind state. It is the conscious mind, the mind that decides we need to lose weight and be thin.
To change our subconscious programming we need to enter the alpha state or theta state where change becomes possible.
So How Do I Change My Subconscious Mind?
There are two primary ways:
1. Hypnosis: until around age seven, we are all in a hypnotic state. Our brainwaves are in alpha or theta and we have no filters installed. Children are like little vacuum cleaners, absorbing everything that comes to them without any critical faculties to decide if what they’re learning is indeed useful to their lives.
2. Repetition: the subconscious mind learns through repetition until behavior becomes automatic.
Let’s begin with repetition. There are 50 pages in this coloring book and let’s assume that you spend 45 minutes coloring each page. That is a total of 37 1/2 hours focused on powerful “perfect weight affirmations”. That is a LOT of repetition!
But we can strengthen our coloring by incorporating elements of hypnosis with them. All of the suggestions below will aid you in dropping down into alpha.
* Do a quick body scan to see how relaxed you are. Allow your shoulders to drop and check your jaw to see if it is tense because both of these areas carry a great deal of tension. Are you sitting comfortably? Do you have aches in your body from sitting too long? If so, move a bit or do some gentle stretching that will allow tense muscles to let go.
* Make it very clear to your body and mind that this is “me time”. If you have 30 minutes to color before you start dinner, commit – firmly – to allowing yourself this half hour without thinking about anything else you have to do. If necessary, let your family know that you are unavailable except in an emergency. You owe this to yourself and if you don’t claim this time it will slip by or be distorted by many other claims on your attention.
* If your mind is racing a mile a minute while you’re coloring, you’re defeating your purpose. Your want to relax and be totally absorbed by the beauty you’re creating. If you’re not enjoying yourself and you’re thinking hard, you’re in beta and not communicating with your subconscious at all. If you really have something persistent on your mind, keep a tablet or your phone handy and write down whatever is bothering you and then return to relaxed coloring. If you absolutely cannot do that, put this coloring book away for now and come back at a later time.
* One way to calm your mind is to focus your attention on your breathing. You’re not trying to change it in any way; just simply pay attention. This takes your focus from your churning beta mind to a calmer alpha body/mind.
* Do your best to ignore the words on the page. Sure, you will read them when you turn to a new page, but then forget about them as best you can. Your subconscious mind sees them perfectly and is absorbing them as you color. The beta mind just gets in the way.
* This is very important: have no motive for coloring except the fun of it. Don’t think that you are “coloring the page to lose weight”. Instead, color for the joy of coloring and forget about everything else.
This coloring book is titled about “weight loss” and “losing weight” because that’s how most people look at the problem of a too-large body. But that’s not really what we’re trying to accomplish here. It’s about becoming a brand new person, a person to whom excess weight does not belong. As the great teacher Neville Goddard states:
“There’s nothing to change but our concept of ourselves”.
So for maximum success forget about your weight, ignore what you should or shouldn’t eat or do and concentrate on having fun, on being a “thin person”. Coloring these pages will help you make that change.
Once you have become this person, the weight will take care of itself without effort or stress on your part.
Our A Weight Loss Coloring Book For Adults – Lose Weight While You Color: A Conversation With Your Subconscious Mind is will do the heavy lifting for you while you relax and party, allowing joy and fun to take you over.